Spaceships have the following characteristics:
- Rank – this represents the level of the spaceship’s technical sophistication (a rank 2 spaceship is better than a rank 1 spaceship, but building it requires more resources)
- Power of the engines – these expand the search area – in other words, the chances of finding a planet
- Power of the radar – this increases the chances of finding a rarer planet
- Size of the accommodation module – this determines the number of colonists who are transported
- Resources needed for construction
More thrust you have and highter are your chance to find a new planet.
The value of the radar will define the chance to find a more rare planet.